CIVIL & STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
- Earthworks design
- Civil design and site development
- Structural design
- Design and construction support
FortEng’s Chartered and RPEQ qualified Principal engineers have a wealth of experience across numerous sectors including Power and Energy, Infrastructure and Utilities, Industrial and PharmaChem, Aviation, Rail, Commercial, Residential, Institutional, Natural Systems and Leisure.
Our civil and structural engineers work with you to deliver high quality, cost effective, constructible and sustainable designs and solutions. We are passionate about producing real and practical solutions for you and your clients, our communities, and our environment.
FortEng has built a strong engineering reputation. Our forte is working with you and developing long-standing relationships. We ensure that benchmarks for performance and delivery are met on your projects. No job is too big or too small, from reviewing house plans to designing structures for power stations.
FortEng’s engineers are some of the best in their fields, with expertise in the following areas:
3D Ground Modelling, Pre-Visualisation and Analysis including Triangulated Integrated Network (TIN) creation, survey integration including final ground profiles, construction sequencing, cut and fill volumes, conceptual studies and detailed design.
Civil Design and Site Development
• Foundation design including mass concrete pads, combined bases, reinforced concrete pads, piles and piers, pile caps, reinforced concrete rafts, ground and tie beams and transformer bunds
• Ground floor slab design including top and bottom traditionally reinforced ground bearing slabs, traditionally or fiber reinforced suspended floor slabs
• Sediment and Erosion Control
• Rigid and flexible pavement design
• Stormwater drainage analysis and design including hydrology, conveyance, detention features, water sensitive urban design, gutter design, and rain water pipe design
• Water and sewer infrastructure analysis and design, including reticulation, storage and pumping
• Retaining wall, Fire wall and Noise wall design including reinforced concrete, masonry and steel supported bespoke panels
3D Modelling and frame analysis including steel and concrete structural members, wind load analysis and application, braced and rigid frame design, portal frames, composite member design, fire design, sway analysis, cellular beam design, truss and gantry design
• Single element design including columns, beams, bracing systems and walls
• Steel lattice tower design
• Application of specialised design loads (e.g. short-circuit forces)
Design and Construction Support
• Council approval applications
• Verification and approval of third party designs
• Construction management/supervision
• Experienced lead engineers
• Project and design management
• CEng, CPEng and RPEQ